Sunday 15 February 2009

So Cold......

I don't remember weather like this for many years. Possibly 1989 or 1990. I have vague recollections of being down in Brighton nursing my Uncle Alan who had early onset dementia God Bless him. I'm sure that winter was an absolute stinker as well.

On the subject of Uncle Alan, I do recall him getting ready to go out one Sunday and, due to the mild confusion, he left the coat hanger in his jacket. I remember quietly taking him to one side and informing him what he'd done. As bold as brass he turned round to me and said, "Good, I'm glad I have left the coat hanger in. Let those who believe I am a barmy old sod at least think I have broad shoulders".

He was a comic until the last and proof, if proof be necessary, that senility need not be all doom and gloom

No comments:

Post a Comment